I apologise for having a few weeks of relative inactivity for Higher Plain Music. I came down with a cold/infection type, which I’ve still got, but my ears were affected too. Everything sounded dense and compacted which I believe was caused by a middle ear problem due to the cold. I couldn’t hear music properly so it didn’t seem fair to be reviewing and speaking about someone’s work until I could get full audio back into my ears. Everything seems to have popped back to normal so I’ll be back in the swing of things again from tomorrow. There is a huge backlog of things to talk about so I’ll try to space things out a bit without spamming everyone. Thanks for your patience.
So what’s been like with permanently muffled ears for 2 and a half weeks? Bloody annoying! I feel like I’ve had a strange muffle effect left on my DAW but I will say heavy bass guitar riffs and really heavy drum lines hit differently.
2023 plans for Higher Plain Music
This year has been a year of personal life taking over my ambitions for this site and my network. There were lots of things I wanted to start this year and simply couldn’t do due to time and energy limitations. However, this is the plan for Higher Plain Music in 2023:
- 10 posts a week as a minimum (that’s what I usually aim for but it hasn’t always happened this year)
- More Higher Plain Music Radio and playlist styled content.
- New music releases for Higher Plain Records (something I had to shelve this year) and creating an e-label to support artists that would be proudly celebrated on Higher Plain Music with funding, PR support and infrastructure.
- An entirely new project for chiptune, Vocaloid and video game music styled music.
- Relaunching Higher Plain Feelings as a sound healing and relaxation project.
Thanks for your patience and let the music roll tomorrow!
Support Higher Plain Music
Higher Plain Music is part of the Higher Plain Network – a one-man indie media project. If you like what I do, please consider supporting me via Patreon for as little as $1/£1 a month. In return, you’ll receive additional perks for supporting me, such as behind-the-scenes content and free downloads. You can also donate using PayPal. Sharing the website helps too or using the affiliate buy now links on reviews. I receive a few pence per Amazon sale. All your support will enable me to produce better content, more often. I’d love to make this a full-time media network and your support can make that happen. Thank you.