Need some alt-pop with a heavy use of tom drums, aural vocals and stadium synths? Say hello to Black Lilys, a French alt-pop duo. Their new single “Invisible Strings” is taken from their forthcoming album “New Era” and sees the duo continue with their guitar infused pop. Black Lilys have a real sheen and drive to their music and reminds me of Aurora and a female vocal led Fenech-Soler. There is plenty to dance to but you’ve also got the darker groove to channel into too.
The siblings are currently touring the UK with the following dates still to go:
- Mar 5 – Edinburgh @ The Liquid Room
- Mar 7 – Manchester @ Gorilla
- Mar 8 – Nottingham @ The Level
- Mar 9 – Birmingham @ The Glee Club
- Mar 11 – Cambridge @ Cambridge Junction
- Mar 12 – Liverpool @ Grand Central Hall
- Mar 13 – Leeds @ Old Woollen
- Mar 15 – Stroud @ Stroud Subscription Rooms
- Mar 16 – Brighton @ Chalk, Brighton
- Mar 17 – Bristol @ Thekla
I may well see you at Cambridge if I can get across! The single “Invisible Strings” is out today though and you can enjoy the finger dancing music video below.
Support Higher Plain Music
Higher Plain Music is part of the Higher Plain Network – a one-man indie media project. If you like what I do, please consider supporting me via Patreon for as little as $1/£1 a month. In return, you received additional perks for supporting me there such as behind the scenes content and free downloads. You can also donate using PayPal. Sharing the website helps too or using the affiliate buy now links on reviews. I receive a few pence per Amazon sale. All your support will enable me to produce better content, more often. I’d love to make this a full time media network and your support can make that happen. Thank you.